Governor McDonnell Announces Additional Appointment to Administration and Board Appointments
RICHMOND - Governor Bob McDonnell today announced appointments to the Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security Secretariat and Virginia Parole Board. He also announced appointments to 13 Virginia boards and commissions. Further announcements regarding additional appointments in the McDonnell administration will continue to be made in the months ahead.
Secretary of Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security
Adam Smith, Defense Research Analyst
Adam Smith first became associated with the Governor's Office in November 2010 as a Military Intern, recruited from Virginia Commonwealth University to provide administrative support and staffing for the Governor's Commission on Military and National Security Facilities. Prior to this, Adam served in the United States Marine Corps, providing embassy security for the U.S. Embassies in Algeria, Ireland and Nepal as a Marine Security Guard. Adam also spent time stationed in Okinawa, Japan and Camp LeJeune, North Carolina providing logistical support. Adam, a native of Frederick County, Virginia, is a recent graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University's L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs. Adam graduated Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a Minor in History.
Virginia Parole Board
Minor Stone - full-time member
Minor Stone spent 29 years in law enforcement as a police officer and supervisor. Mr. Stone retired from State service in 2006. Mr. Stone now owns and operates a successful resort business in Virginia Beach, supports several charitable organizations. Mr. Stone was appointed by Governor Robert McDonnell as a part-time voting member of the Virginia Parole Board in February of 2011. Mr. Stone is now being appointed to a full-time role.
Board of Accounting
- Marc B. Moyers of Manakin Sabot, Partner of KPMG LLP
- Stephanie Saunders of Virginia Beach, Shareholder of Saunders & Saunders, PC
Board of Conservation and Recreation
- William E. Small of Louisa, Owner of Small County Campground
- Alexander I. Vanegas of Manassas, Assistant Director of Public Works for the Town of Purcellville
- W. Bruce Wingo* of Richmond, Resident Vice President of Norfolk Southern Corporation
Board of Housing and Community Development
- Anthony M. Clatterbuck* of Locust Dale, Owner of Graystone Homes
- William G. Darden of Suffolk, Executive Vice President of Hearndon Construction
- Robert R. Kaplan, Jr. of Richmond, Managing Partner for Kaplan Voekler Cunningham & Frank PLC
- Steven M. Semones of Christiansburg, Vice President of Balzer and Associates, Inc.
Board of Nursing
- Dr. Margaret C. Teu, DNP of Richmond, Certified Nurse Practitioner for Richmond City Health District
Board of Psychology
- William L. Hathaway, Ph. D of Virginia Beach, Dean and Professor of Psychology for the School of Psychology and Counseling at Regent University
- Giordana de Altin Popiolek of Alexandria, Senior Therapist for the City of Alexandria
- Thomas V. Ryan, Ph. D, ABPP of Staunton, Clinical Neuropsychologist for the University of Virginia
Real Estate Board
- Rene Fonseca, of Springfield, Business Development Executive at Ozinga Bros., Inc., of Chicago, Il
Scientific Advisory Committee
- Randall E. Beaty of Austin, Texas, Deputy Scientific Director of Breath Alcohol Laboratory
Transportation District Commission of Hampton Roads
- Douglas W. Fuller of Chesapeake, Principal and Chief Financial Officer of Precon Marine, Inc.
- Robert R. Harper, Jr. of Hampton, Owner and Chief Photographer of Bob Harper Photography
- Charles B. Hunter of Portsmouth, Business Banker at TowneBank
- James P. Toscano of Norfolk, Vice President of Institutional Advancement at Tidewater Community College
Virginia Board for Asbestos, Lead, and Home Inspectors
- Phillip Fincher* of Blacksburg, Vice President of Safety and Health, The EI Group
- Brian Koepf* of Leesburg, Owner of Gatekeeper Home Inspections, Inc.
- W. Chris Nixon of Lynchburg, Director of Environmental Services, Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
- Peter D. Palmer of Staunton, Asbestos Inspector and Certified Indoor Environmentalist with Indoor Health
Virginia Economic Development Partnership Board of Directors
- Robert G. Beck of Williamsburg, President of The Beck Company
- Michael E. Bennett of Alexandria, Chief Financial Officer of Ourisman Automotive Group of Virginia
- C. David Hudgins* of Richmond, Director of Member and External Affairs for Old Dominion Electric Cooperative
- Samuel A. Schreiber* of Oakton, Regional Executive, Mid-Atlantic for Wells Fargo
Virginia Freedom of Information Advisory Council
- Christopher B. Ashby of Alexandria, Attorney at Ashby Law PLLC
Virginia Housing Commission
- Mark Flynn* of Quinton, Attorney, Director of Legal Services for Virginia Municipal League
- Laura D. Lafayette of Glen Allen, Chief Executive Officer of Richmond Association of Realtors
- T.K. Somanath* of Midlothian, Chief Executive Officer and President of Better Housing Coalition
Virginia Port Authority Board of Commissioners
- Scott R. Bergeron of Leesburg, Chief Operating Officer of Liberian Registry
- Michael J. Quillen of Bristol, Former Chairman of Alpha Natural Resources
- Robert M. Stanton of Virginia Beach, Chairman of Stanton Partners, Inc.
- Jeffrey D. Wassmer of Newport News, President and CEO of Spectrum Comm, Inc.
# # #