Governor McDonnell Announces Board Appointments and Appointment to Administration
RICHMOND - Governor Bob McDonnell today announced the appointment of Bryan Rhode as the Deputy Secretary of Public Safety. He also announced appointments to 6 boards and commissions. Further announcements regarding additional appointments in the McDonnell administration will continue to be made in the months ahead.
Secretary of Public Safety
Bryan M. Rhode, Deputy Secretary of Public Safety
Bryan M. Rhode is a graduate of Pennsylvania State University, the University of Virginia School of Law, and the London School of Economics. A former Captain in the United States Marine Corps, Rhode served four years on active duty as an infantry officer and deployed twice overseas. He served as an Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney in Richmond for almost six years, where he worked with local, state and federal agencies to investigate and prosecute crime. Prior to that he was an associate corporate attorney at Hunton & Williams, LLP.
Rhode was appointed by Governor Robert F. McDonnell to the Child Day Care Council in 2011, and serves on numerous professional and community boards and organizations, including the Goochland Free Clinic, Rotary Club and the Marine Corps League of Richmond.
Governor McDonnell appointed Rhode commissioner of the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) in April 2012.
Board of Medicine
- Wayne J. Reynolds, D.O.* of Gloucester Point, Board Certified Family Physician employed with Sentara Medical Group with Sentara Family Physicians - Gloucester
Board of Nursing
- Joyce A. Hahn, Ph.D., APRN-CNS, NEA-BC of Oak Hill, Director of BSN Programs at The George Washington University School of Nursing
Child Support Guideline Review Panel
- Karen H. Sampson of Bridgewater, Systems Coordinator for the Office of Residence Life at James Madison University
Marine Products Board
- Heather T. Lusk of Willis Wharf, Vice President of H.M. Terry Company, Inc.
State Rehabilitation Advisory Council
- Anthony W. Lineberry, Sr.* of Manakin Sabot, Disability Advocate, Adjunct Professor and Motivational Speaker
- James A. Rothrock of Glen Allen, Commissioner for the Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services
Virginia Coastal Land Management Advisory Council
- Jody W. Bundy* of Cape Charles
- Barry R. Truitt* of Nassawaddox, Chief Conservation Scientist at The Nature Conservancy
# # #