For Immediate Release
Governor McDonnell Announces Additional Appointments to Administration
RICHMOND - Governor Bob McDonnell today announced an additional appointment to his administration in the Health and Human Resources secretariat. In addition, he announced appointments to 15 Virginia boards and commissions.
Bios for today's appointments can be found below. Further announcements regarding additional appointments in the McDonnell Administration will continue to be made in the months ahead.
Health and Human Resources
Karin Talbert Addison, Special Advisor to the Governor on Children's Services
Karin Talbert Addison is presently a small business owner and CEO of Addison Elwood Consulting, LLC. With broad public policy experience in social services, education, and health policy issues for children, she has represented numerous child advocacy organizations at the Virginia General Assembly for over 10 years as a professional legislative affairs consultant. Addison also currently serves on the Virginia Child Day Care Council and formerly served as the Funding Subcommittee Chair of the Victim/Witness Advisory Committee in the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services. Addison holds a degree in Government from the College of William and Mary and has served as the Co-President of the Richmond Tribe Club. Karin Addison is a native of Richmond and a graduate of Saint Gertrude High School, where she serves on the Alumnae Association Board. She currently lives in Richmond with her husband and their son.
Virginia Board for People with Disabilities
- Ed Turner of Richmond, Disability Consultant for Turner & Associates
Special Advisory Commission on Mandated Health Insurance Benefits
- Jeffrey Allende of Henrico, Vice President of Human Resources with Richmond Cold Storage Company
- Dr. Mark W. Foreman of Lynchburg, Professor of Philosophy and Religion at Liberty University
- Eugene J. Koprowski of Alexandria
- Greg T. Madsen of LowMoor, CEO at Allegheny Regional Hospital
- Charles Herbert Slemp III of Norton, Attorney with Slemp Law Office, PLLC
- Laura Lee Viergever* of Richmond, Director of Regulatory Compliance with Southern Health Services
Board of Health Professions
- Maureen A. Clancy, MBA, FACHE of Alexandria, Vice President Accretive Health
- Paul T. Conway of Falls Church, President of The Conway Group
- Yvonne P. Haynes of Midlothian, Director of Adult Mental health with Richmond Behavioral Health Authority
- Juan M. Montero II, MD* of Chesapeake, retired surgeon.
Virginia Cattle Industry Board
- W. David Coleman* of Amelia Court House, Part Owner and Manager of Southside Livestock Market
- Joseph W. Guthrie of Dublin, Instructor of Agricultural Technology at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and Owner/Operator of Guthrie Farms, LLC
- Pete Henderson of Williamsburg, Seed Stock- Edgewood Angus
- Linda C. Leech* of Lexington, Employee- Ingleside Dairy Farm, Inc.
- Dennis J. Pearson* of Warrenton, Owner/Operator of Soldier's Hill Angus Farm
- Barry J. Price* of Pearisburg, Manager of Narrows Livestock Auction Market
- James K. Sponaugle* of Doe Hill, Beef and Poultry Producer- Hollow Hill Farm
Advisory Board for the Virginia Department for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing
- Roberta Dietz of Staunton, Adjunct Faculty Member at Danville Community College
- Dr. Deborah Pfeiffer of Yorktown, State Specialist for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing- Virginia Department of Education, Office of Instructional Support and Related Services
Board of Social Services
- Terri Kiser-Williams of Colonial Heights, Foster/Adoptive Mom and Owner of Arhn Rentals
- Heidi Metcalf Little of Richmond, Senior Fellow and Deputy Director of the Center for Global Prosperity with the Hudson Institute
- Reverend Dr. Ray Johnson of Hampton, Senior Pastor with Calvary Revival Church - Peninsula
- Robert Spadaccini of Virginia Beach, Director of Financial Operations with Amerigroup Corp.
Child Day-Care Council
- Paula Neal Eubank of Glen Allen, Associate Director of the Technical Assistance and Services Offices for the Department of Housing and Community Development
- Bryan M. Rhode of Crozier, Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney
- Karlis Graubics Sr. of Mechanicsville, Owner of Tuckaway Incorporated
Advisory Board on Acupuncture
- Lynn M. Almloff, L.Ac. of Virginia Beach, Owner of Almloff Acupuncture, LLC
- Elaine Wolf Komarow, L.Ac.* of Vienna, Acupuncturist
- Chheany W. Ung, M.D. of Roanoke, Physician with Comprehensive Pain Management Centers
Virginia Sheep Industry Board
- William R. Baker of Leesburg, Owner of New Asbury Farm
- Eric Crowgey* of Wythe, Owner of Richdale Farm
- Robin L. Freeman* of Chesapeake, Co-Owner of Gum Tree Farm, LLC
- Cecil W. King of Pulaski, President of King Agricultural Products, Inc. and Colonial Farms
- Jerry McCammon* of Bridgewater, Feed Salesman and Nutritional Consultant for Rockingham Cooperative
- David R. Shiflett of Grottoes, Owner and Manager of Ridgeview Acres Farm
- Henry E. Tinder* of Barboursville, Retired Partner of Comdial Corporation and Operator of Carolton Farms, LLC
- Kevin Wagner of Monterey, Co-Owner of Wool Becomes Ewe
- Donald "Lee" Wright, Jr. of Chilhowie, Superintendant and Research Associate for The Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Southwest Agricultural Research and Extension Center
Hampton Roads Sanitation District Commission
- Rick Elofson* of Newport News
- Dr. Vishnu K. Lakdawala* of Virginia Beach, Chief Departmental Advisor for the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Old Dominion University
Board of Correctional Education
- Tanya Bullock of Virginia Beach, Attorney with Bullock and Cooper, PC
- Dr. B. Courtney McBath of Norfolk, Senior Pastor at Calvary Revival Church
- Dr. Patricia Meyer of Chester, Retired
Virginia College Building Authority
- Anne C.H. Conner of Seaford, President of Towne Bank
- Allison Cryor DiNardo of Alexandria, President of Carroll PCS, Inc.
- Bryce E. Reeves of Spotsylvania, President of Bryce Reeves Insurance & Finance Services Inc.
- John R. Vogt of McLean, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Banking Officer of Chain Bridge Bank, N.A.
Council on Virginia's Future
- Ed Gillespie of Alexandria, Principal and Founder of Ed Gillespie Strategies
- John O. "Dubby" Wynne* of Virginia Beach, Retired President and CEO of Landmark Communications, Inc.
Joint Advisory Board of Economists
- Omar Al-Ubaydli of Fairfax, Assistant Professor of Economics at George Mason University
- Fletcher Mangum, of Richmond, Managing Partner of Mangum Economic Consulting
- Richard Mattoon of Glen Ellyn, Illinois, Senior Economist and Economic Advisor of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Matthew Mitchell of Arlington, Research Fellow at the Mercatus Center, George Mason University
- Richard Rahn of Great Falls, Chairman of Novecon Financial Ltd.
- Mark Vitner of Charlotte, North Carolina, Managing Director and Senior Economist of Wells Fargo Corporation
Governor's Advisory Board on Volunteerism and National Service
- Elaine Anderson of Barboursville, Triad Coordinator with the Orange County Sheriff's Office
- Juanita Balenger of Annandale, Community Outreach and Triad Director with the Office of the Attorney General
- Beckie A. Cox of Dublin, Workforce Center Manager with Goodwill Industries of the Valleys
- Vellie Dietrich-Hall of Cullen, President & CEO of HPS Enterprises
- Lloyd C. Dunnavant of Richmond, Executive Director of OB Hospitalists, Inc.
- Mark Fero of Ruther Glen, Grants Manager with the Office of the Attorney General
- Brett Gibson of Virginia Beach, Captain in the Army National Guard and graduate student at Harvard Business School
- Tonyia C. Gibson* of Galax, Americorps Director-Reading for Life with Carroll County Public Schools
- Ashley Gregory* of Mechanicsville, student at Hanover High School
- Julie C. Grimes* of Richmond, Communications Manager with the Virginia Department of Education
- Dreama Montrief Johnson* of Charlottesville, Access UVA Coordinator in the Office of Financial Aid
- Ryan Kelly of Burke, Chief of Staff to Supervisor John Cook (Fairfax)
- Dr. Jack O. Lanier of Richmond, Chief Executive Officer of Richmond Behavioral Health Authority
- Rich Nilsen of Alexandria, Vice President of Summit Wealth Management
- Samantha Rucker* of Annandale, Assistant Attorney General with the Office of the Attorney General
- The Honorable Richard C. Shickle of Winchester, Vice President of Administration and Finance at Shenandoah University and Chairman of the Frederick County Board of Supervisors
- C.B. Sinclair* of Hopewell, Director of Development at United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg
- Karen Stanley of Chester, Executive Director of Caritas/The Healing Place
- Lise Chandler White* of Virginia Beach, Media and Communications Coordinator for the City of Virginia Beach
- David M. Zobel of Virginia Beach, Executive Director of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeast Virginia
# # #