The Commission on Human Trafficking Prevention and Survivor Support
The Commission on Human Trafficking Prevention and Survivor Support will serve as an advisory council to the Governor. The Governor will appoint the members and chairs of the Commission; the Sex Trafficking Response Coordinator will also participate in the Commission. The Commission will be responsible for coordinating with the Secretary of Public Safety, the Secretary of Education, the Secretary of Labor, the Office of Attorney General, as well as the State Coordinator and any other federal, state, local, or private sector entities to increase law enforcement awareness, empower and support survivors, and enhance prevention education in the Commonwealth.
The Governor will appoint the members and chair(s) of the Commission; the Sex Trafficking Response Coordinator will also participate in the Commission. The Governor will select:
- Three (3) Human Trafficking Survivors
- Secretary of Public Safety (designee)
- Secretary of Education (designee)
- Secretary of Labor (designee)
- Office of the Attorney General (designee)
- Sex Trafficking Response Coordinator (DCJS) (ex-officio)
- S Attorney- Eastern (nominee)
- S. Attorney- Western (nominee)
- One (1) Commonwealth’s Attorney
- One (1) Local Chief Law Enforcement Officer
- Up to Two (2) active providers of survivor recovery services.
- Up to Two (2) educators with expertise in spotting the signs of human trafficking, and online safety and education training to prevent human trafficking.
- Up to Two (2) youth members
- One (1) citizen with expertise in fighting online recruitment by human traffickers.
Please note that individuals selected by the Governor may meet more than one qualification.
In carrying out its duties, the Commission may appoint working groups as it deems appropriate, solicit participation from relevant subject matter experts, law enforcement, practitioners, and analysts. Staff support for the Commission will be provided by the Office of the Governor and any other agencies or offices as may be designated by the Governor.
Appointments shall be made by the Governor in such a manner as to ensure the widest possible geographical representation of all parts of the Commonwealth.
The final report is available for viewing here.
Apply for the Commission
To view the appointment openings for The Commission on Human Trafficking Prevention and Survivor Support click here.